Safe Church (Module 1)
This two day course forms Module 1 of the safeguarding programme
Safe Church gives delegates the opportunity to take time to consider and reflect how good safeguarding practice should be integral to all areas of ministry with children.
Course content includes: Safeguarding in The Salvation Army – an overview, Grooming, Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Radicalisation, Digital Media and Online Safety, Transgender Safeguarding, Safeguarding in Practice, Faith and Forgiveness, The Consequences of Whistleblowing, Learning the Lessons, Abuse within a Christian context.
Delegates should be aware that the subject of sexual abuse is discussed in considerable detail and a survivor of sexual abuse within a Christian context tells their story. A member of the wellbeing unit is available for the duration of the course.
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
• Explain child safeguarding issues and practice within a church and ministry context
• Understand the necessity of having a knowledge of safeguarding issues and practice within the church and ministry context
Learning hours: 15
Other courses helpful for preparation
• Child Safeguarding Level 1 (Safe & Sound for Everyone – S&S 1) (required)
• Child Safeguarding Level 2 (Safe & Sound for Leaders – S&S 2)
• Adult Safeguarding Level 1 (required)
• Adult Safeguarding Level 2
• iLearn Safeguarding
Other courses helpful for development
•Safeguarding courses offered by the Local Authority
Who Should Apply?
Corps leaders, Divisional leaders, Divisional staff, Regional Specialists, Corps children’s and youth workers
N.B. These modules are based around corps settings and are not directly aimed at HSU or OPS.