Crafting your Preaching for Purpose, Place & People
An opportunity to explore ways to increase and broaden your effective preaching skills, including :
- Understanding the need and purpose of preaching
- Understanding textual and thematic preaching and interactive approaches
- Exploring methods of delivery that enhance the message
- Communicating for impact and transformation
- During the course delegates will be asked to preach two five-minute micro-sermons
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Identify the aims and outcomes of a sermon delivered in a specific time and place and to a specific group
- Plan, prepare and deliver a sermon in a variety of styles
- Develop and call on new skills in sermon delivery and presentation
Course Duration: 10 hours
The delegates will be given some material to engage with prior to the course/guided reading & preparation.
Outline and presentations of two 5min micro-preach.
Communicating for people, place and purpose.
Who Should Apply?
Officers, Territorial Envoys and those with preaching responsibilities that would like to develop in their preaching skills especially in communicating to different groups and contexts.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).