As essential establishing learning for working in Homelessness Services Pre-Atlas Day 1 and Day 2 are required for all HSU employees and are linked to subsequent training by the Atlas Team. As is the case with Atlas, both courses are distance-delivered online.
Pre-Atlas Day 1: Incident Reporting Purpose, Practice & Procedure
Times: 9:30 am – 1 pm
By the conclusion of the course delegates will
- Understand the purpose of Incident Reporting
- Understand the process of Incident Reporting as well their own role and responsibilities
- Be able to identify all stakeholders
- Be able to write coherent, succinct Incident Reports that fulfil organisational and stakeholder needs and requirements
Pre-Atlas Day 2: Principles of Strength Based Support
Times: 9:30 am – 10:45 am: all HSU staff
10:5 – 1 pm: HSU staff in a direct support role
- Define Enabling Environment
- Identify my role in creating and nurturing enabling environments in my service
- Define strength based approach
Staff in a direct support role
- Understand purpose and practice of the Support Plan and Client Safety Plan (Risk Assessment)
- Defining / Identifying Goals and Actions
- Documenting and Evidencing Progress
Course Duration: 3.5 Hours per session. 7 Hours in total.
Pre-course Learning: Please read Incident Reporting Procedure HSU05
Learning Platform: Zoom
Note: Learning hours for non-support staff will be 4.5 hours.
Who Should Apply?
Staff engaged in a Homelessness Services Unit provision.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).