Introduction to Managing Difficult Conversations
187 187 people viewed this event.
This short course forms part of the essential learning for support roles. The learning is designed as an opportunity to reflect on experience and apply frameworks as participants draw out new insights and revised their forms of practice.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the relationship between practice and SA Mission and Values,
- Identify the relationship between attitude and behaviour in conversations,
- Explore ways of turning an unhelpful conversation into a helpful one,
- Identify and explore factors related to successful conversations,
- Apply tools for preparing for successful conversations.
Course Duration: 3 hours
Learning Platform: Zoom
Who Should Apply?
Anyone whose role involves supporting people or line management.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).