Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience
20-21 September 2022 – William Booth College
18-19 April 2023 – Online
Working with survivors of trauma and exclusion can be emotionally and spiritually challenging for those who support them. Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience examines how principles based in emotional intelligence, reflective practice and mindfulness can lead to an emotionally informed, emotionally integrated and emotionally healthier workplace and work practice – for us and for the people we serve.
• To recognise different emotions at work and to put into place mechanisms to deal with them effectively
• To identify and understand personal wellbeing needs as well as needs of colleagues and service users
• To understand the impact that supporting survivors of trauma can have on personal emotional wellbeing
• To apply principles of emotional intelligence, reflective practice and mindfulness to daily work practice
• Learn methods to develop personal resilience and to contribute to supporting resilience in others
Learning hours: 16 hours
Other courses helpful for development
Foundation in Mental Health
Working with Complex Mental Health Needs
Principles of Trauma Informed Practice
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Who Should Apply?
Anyone whose role involves supporting vulnerable people.