Early Years Educator, Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship provides a great training opportunity for those who work in a range of private and public settings including: full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools or home based provision. They may be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
With additional experience, an Early Years Educator can become the manager of an early years setting.
- Job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders
- Highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe
- The Role of the Early Years Educator
- The Early Years Foundation Framework
- Children’s Behaviour, Welfare and Care
- Child Development
- Safeguarding in Early Years
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Theories and Philosophical Approaches in Early Years
- Teaching and Learning in Early Years
- Working in Partnership with Parents and others in the Early Years
To achieve a level 2 in Maths and English functional skills, exemption applies if you have achieved a C or above in Maths and English GCSE.
You must also pass an End Point Assessment (EPA), which will include multiple choice test and a professional discussion.
Length of time
15 months plus EPA