Award in Education and Training (Level 3)
The Level 3 ‘Award in Education and Training’ is designed to give people the knowledge and confidence to teach in the post-16 education sector. The course comprises of three units:
- Unit A examines the role and responsibilities of a trainer/ teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit B develops practical skills. Each delegate is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 20 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice. This unit focuses on the importance of an inclusive learning environment meeting individual learning needs.
- Unit C investigates the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful teaching.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
- Understand and use inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understand assessment in education and training.
Cohort 1: Commencing 1 November 2022
- Study Block 1: 1-4 November 2022
- Study Block 2: 23-24 November 2022
- The timing for the study blocks are 9am-5pm.
Please note that delegates must attend all study blocks. Delegates will have some work to do on written assignments in between study blocks 1 and 2. Please allow some time for independent study during this period.
Learning hours: 48 learning hours in total.
Accreditation: The qualification is accredited by the Open College Network (London).
Assessment: The assessment will consist of a workbook, 1000 word assignment and a short micro-teaching session.
Entry Requirements: It is assumed that delegates applying for this course will have functional skills in English, Mathematics and IT at Level 2 or higher.
Who Should Apply?
Anyone who is responsible for teaching or training adults. This course is specific to the education systems in England, Northern Ireland and Wales – other applications are welcomed and the course is useful in developing skill and practice.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).